Sunday, October 10, 2004

Toastmasters

My friend Zarina just won the division level Toastmasters on evaluation. Actually, I joined the thing for about 2 times (I think). But it's just not my cup of tea lah. I'm a bit on the malu side. I have this deep fear of public speaking. My ideas just won't come up on stage, or even in presentations. So, to present, like I did last week and also next week in the seminar, I have to prepare my speech, not points. That's the gravity of the situation. But, as Zarina once said to me, it needs practice. She was a shy bird too way back but I guess she managed to overcome the mental barrier. Well, we'll see. Monday, I'm going to the Mozart concert in Prague at the Royal Festival Hall with the SOAS Mature Students Society (mature???). I'm gonna meet my Koto teacher's son in SOAS this Thursday. Namae wa Hiroyuki desu. Need to practise my Japanese, getting rusty.

4 comments:

Elina said...

haaa...you going all the way to prague in the czech republic, izzit? so civilised one...don't anybody dare say muslim men are uncultured and unsophisticated! :D

lacrema said...

Nolah friend. Cannot afford that financially and time wise. Its called by that name "Mozart in Prague". I guess its just a name given when the bloke was playing some hits in Prague. Maybe.

Elina said...

hai, lu tiru wa punya template kah?

lacrema said...

wa mana ada tiru. Lu punya pink, wa punya blue. Yg lain tak cantik lah. Yg brown mula2 sgt dull. Soly la.