Sunday, October 10, 2004

Tuna sandwich

I had tuna sandwich with fried onions and courgettes for lunch last Friday. It was good. I audited a course called 'Southeast Asia on Screen", and on that day, we watched Platoon (Charlie Sheen, Willem Dafoe, etc.). After the good sandwich, we had a discussion on the movie we have watched. I was suprised that the discussion went very deep. Never expected that it could relate a lot on Christian symbologies and doctrine. You don't learn much about the Vietnam war from this movie, that's for sure. What you'll find is a story within a story, an american tale of the Vietnam war. It was a good film though.

2 comments:

Elina said...

Hmmm...I think I watched 'Platoon' once. Can't remember anything about it to save my life let alone think about the implications of Christian doctrine embedded in the movie.

Tuna sandwich and fried onions and courgettes - what an odd combination. Did you make all this yourself?

lacrema said...

The sandwich I bought at the Union lah. But it was oklah. It's not an "out of this world" sandwich but I promised you I'll write about a tuna sandwich, so there you are. : )